Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Speculative evolution and forum games
Alumentum

Re: Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Post by Alumentum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 am

Nothing wrong with that ^.^, it might be cool to have various people's imaginations shown for what the players have created so far.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 am

Andrewsarchus wrote:
Alumentum wrote:I'm going to make a list this next post showing who's eating who. I should've done that from the start. Sorry guys. Also, I really wanted to draw these things you guys are making and Dino said I should post them. If that's ok with yall and you're ok with terrible drawings I can post pictures of what I visualize at the end of each stage. :?
I might draw them again. I'm not too bad of an artist if I do say so myself, and I need some new critters to draw.

I'm OK with pictures of any quality sir, I would even be happy if you had a cute little four-year-old draw it for me, or an orangutan or a chimpanzee!
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 am

Draw mine!
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

Alumentum

Post by Alumentum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:45 am

After Gabriel votes, we have one round left and then I'll post the final update, the era change and pictures of what I think your current creatures look like.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:57 am

Alumentum wrote:I've stated in earlier posts that the climate is currently a temperate style climate with open areas and large forests. The next post will have a listing of who is competing with who as well as size. Those who have had size increases were told of their size on the update post of their vote for the size change. I'm not sure what you're asking or saying 20 Characters. As for the gecko thing, it's simply a name....I'm fully aware of what a gecko looks like compared to what you've created.
But I was saying was even though this game has a list of our physically evolve traits, it doesn't really consolidate them into an appearance section like some games, which is totally OK it's fine leaving some things to the imagination is just not how I would write my own game and it's not how I do it, but I have no problem with you doing it that way .
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

TheDoctor
Location: In a dust particle near the core of the mighty quasar

Post by TheDoctor » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm

I bet my creature is a lame :P
Image Image
Image Image My dragons died...
But I didnt care...

GabrielGG

Post by GabrielGG » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Votes:

- Monkey-like tail

- Separated fingers

- Stronger muscles
I like potatoes.

Natural_20

Post by Natural_20 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Alumentum wrote:
So, how's the round coming? Just checking in.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

Alumentum

Post by Alumentum » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Alpha: 4-5 feet long; 400-600 pounds. Males are larger than females. You are eaten by ClassyAmoeba at day, Nat 20 eats young at night.
Dinoman: 3 feet long; 80 pounds. Eaten by ClassyAmoeba, Natural 20, TheDoctor when grounded. Large insects rarely.
ClassyAmoeba: 4-6 feet long; 400 pounds. Males are longer. Rarely eaten by Eryops. Nat20 eats young at night. Killed by Alpha in failed hunting attempts.
Natural 20: 3-4 feet long; 250 pounds. Males longer. Rarely eaten by Eryops.
Prudentia: 2 feet long; 75 pounds. Eaten by Dinoman, Classy, Nat20, Eryops, TheDoctor, large insects. Can usually outrun threats.
The Doctor: 3 feet long; 100 pounds. Eaten by Natural 20. Occasionally killed in hunting attempts.
Gabriel: 0.5-1.5 feet long; 10-30 pounds. Males larger. Eaten by Doctor, Prudentia, Nat20, Classy, Dinoman if above ground, large insects, Eryops. Male is usually eaten first.
20 Characters: 1 foot long; 10 pounds. Eaten by nothing, rarely killed by falls or predator mishaps.

The climate is temperate with large open spaces covered in a grass like moss. Forests are also large and have dense underbrush of ferns. Ponds, lakes, and rivers are common.

Alpha:

1. Omnivorous digestive system, varied tooth shape
2. Resistance to plant toxin, incorporation of plant toxin in thick scales
3. Primitive endothermy, gait shift to crocodilian
4. Interlocking dorsal plates, mammalian gait
5. Females carry young in pouch like scales, herding behavior with a single male
6. Size increase, herbivorous digestive system, herbivorous teeth
7. Full endothermy, double layer scales, sexual dimorphic head plating
8. Defensive social behavior, dimorphic tusks, powerful bite
9. Cloven hooves, conduction based hearing in the hooves, vocal chords

Hooved walker

Your feet have adapted over time to give you speed and stability with your build. The toes have shortened, with two being left with a thick hard covering called a hoof. The other toes have shrunk into small spikes on the heel, or to vestigial bones in the forelimb. The hooves are cloven and allow for flexing while running or climbing. Within the hollow spaces of your limb bones a gel is produced and stored. This gel conducts vibrations from the ground through the body. This is a conduction based 'hearing' that allows you to feel movements of other creatures around you. Your species has also developed a set of vocal chords in your throat allowing you to make various sounds to communicate with each other or other animals.

Your species is one of the larger animals alive. To add to this, your body is fully capable of defending itself against would be predators.

Thriving

Dinoman:

1. Muscular legs, efficient respiratory system
2. Improved depth perception, hollow bones
3. Increased upper muscle mass, claws for climbing
4. Ball and socket joint in shoulder, hearing
5. Fatty tissue, large teeth
6. Proto-wings, sternum, rudder tail
7. Functioning wings, larger size, gripping arrangement of back toes
8. Wing chromatophores, unidirectional breathing, broad wings
9. Longer limbs, improved eyesight, heterodonty

Spy swampy

Your eyes have become very sensitive and allow you to see objects in great detail and further distances. This is helpful in spotting prey animals at a distance or predators before they can launch an attack. Longer limbs also give you a longer gait giving you a bit more speed when moving. The teeth in your species has changed to be less specialized. Many are sharp for slicing or piercing but, a few are blunt and allow for mashing or crushing.

You can easily ambush insect targets or smaller reptiles from above. However, if you find yourself grounded you can be picked off by the larger and more capable ground predators.

Thriving

ClassyAmoeba:

1. Greater endurance, sharp teeth
2. Increase in scale size and density
3. Crocodile gait, increased lung size
4. Digestion of plant matter, absorb water before defecation
5. Osteoderms, egg guarding behavior
6. Increased size, fitness display, sexual dimorphism with males displaying rearranged spikes
7. Heterodont teeth, temporary hunting bands, females raise certain young
8. More interactive hunting behavior, male offering behavior, orphan grouping behavior
9. 4 chambered heart, mammalian stance, jaw based hearing

Marten lizard

Your heart has developed deviations in the septum separating it into 4 chambers. This prevents oxygenated blood from mixing with deoxygenated blood. This makes your body more efficient and raises your metabolism. Coupled with this, your body has a full mammalian stance in which your limbs join your body at 90 degrees. You are more agile and have greater range of motion. Your species has also developed a complex network of chambers in your jaw. These resonate with vibration and transfer them to your auditory nerve. Although primitive, it is a form of hearing that can assist you in finding food.

With previous behaviors still present, your population still grows slower than others. But the quality of your form is increasing as evident by your new traits.

Growing

Natural 20:

1. Stronger hind limbs, binocular vision
2. Outer ears, serrated teeth
3. Hearing, increased metabolism
4. Nocturnal, chewing
5. Improved smell, size increase
6. 4 chambered heart, specialized teeth, scavenging
7. Mammalian stance, unidirectional airflow in lungs, male led harems
8. Claws for gripping prey, more mammalian stance, tooth roots
9. Immunity to 'serpent' toxin, size increase, syrinx

Nightcrawler leaper

The consistent influx of food has led to a size increase for your species. A syrinx has developed in your trachea. This pouch can be constricted or expanded to produce a wide variety of calls. Vocalizations allow your species to communicate over long distances and in the dark. Several young members of your species have fallen victim to the toxins of the serpent species. The toxin is powerful, and most know to avoid it. However, by luck, a few of your kind survived the foolish decision to try and eat the serpent. These survivors have passed on their immunity to the toxin allowing you to make use of this small animal for food.

Without competition you grow and prosper easily. However, too much of a good thing can be just as bad.

Over-Populated

Prudentia

1. Venom immunity, secondary palate
2. Thick jaws, sophisticated red blood cells
3. Nasal conchae, phalangeal formula of 2-3-3-3-3
4. 4 chambered heart, alveoli in lungs
5. Primitive heterodonty, cecum pouch
6. Advanced heterodonty, diaphram, more lumbar vertebrae
7. Temporal fenestrae, mammalian stance, thick ventricle walls
8. Sweat glands, streamlined pelvis, streamlined pectoral girdle
9. Burrow nests, mammary glands, lactation

Mother tooth

In an effort to find safer places to nest, many females have begun seeking out small caves in rock faces or digging burrows. These burrows are deep, spiral and eventually even out into a sizable chamber. In this chamber a female can raise a clutch of hatchlings until they are able to fend for themselves. An interesting trait has been developed and has been non-existent until now. Your species has mammary glands that produce milk specialized for nurturing young. These glands release the milk upon the skin where it can be lapped up by hatchlings. The brain has developed reflexes similar to modern mammals that produce a let down reflex, a nursing reflex to keep the mother in a sedated state, and a production reflex to produce more based on how much is drank by offspring.

Caring for the young is a good way to insure survival. However, this can be taxing on a mother as lactation requires more energy. As your current form is primitive, care must be taken that you do not fall behind in nutrition.

Growing

The Doctor:

1. Large vascular capillaries, choroid around the pupil
2. Advanced lymphatic system, better neural transmission
3. Interdigital membrane, sodium receptor blockage to combat toxin
4. Spongy bone, hard shell eggs
5. Powerful toxin upon skin, egg teeth in young
6. Sensory neurofilaments, oral sacs to hold food/water, inner bone structure
7. Small and sharp teeth, an eardrum, active camouflage
8. Larger size, cooperative behavior, advanced sense of smell
9. Stronger limb muscles, 4 chambered heart, venom ejection

Spitting serpent

Your larger size has demanded more strength from your legs. In response, the muscles have grown in size and power allowing you to maintain your gait and move faster. To support this, your heart has developed a split ventricle giving the heart 4 chambers. This separates de-oxygenated blood from oxygenated blood and makes the cardiovascular system more efficient. You have a higher metabolism and, as such, require more calories to fuel your body. A strange mutation has caused the venom that is typically released on the surface of your skin to be stored in a pouch along the top jaw as well. With a strong muscular contraction, this venom can be spewed with incredible accuracy through the incisors which are hollow. A ranged weapon paired with team work allows your species to attack and kill prey that would normally be too large. It's also a fairly successful predator deterrent.

Your body is catching up with your mind in advancement. The results are showing through the growth in population. Not everyone fears you however, be wary.

Thriving

GabrielGG:

1. Omnivorous digestive system, more complex respiratory system
2. Resistance to toxin, more advanced herbivorous teeth
3. Sharp claws, stronger leg muscles
4. Complete toxin immunity, mother instincts
5. Larger males, females have enlarged crop
6. Spikes around the back, stress pheromones, social structure
7. A larger brain, canine teeth, thick skin
8. Vocal chords, thumbs, primitive erect stance
9. Monkey like tail, separated fingers, stronger muscles

Fingered creeper

Your nervous system has become more complex, especially in the limbs. This gives you more dexterity in the fingers, hands and tail. You can easily manipulate small objects with your hands, and your tails are almost used like antennae. Members of your kind use them to keep in physical touch while moving through their burrows or along the ground in food trips. Another unique use for this is forming trains much like modern elephants would. In times of danger, while a male deals with the predator, females can lead offspring out of one of the many exits with their tails loosely wrapped around the hatchlings abdomen. The hatchling, would in turn, wrap theirs around the one behind it and so on. By keeping themselves in chains, you prevent yourselves from scattering and being lost allowing predators to pick you off. Stronger muscles make your species a bit faster and more capable of surviving.

You are not the largest animal in this world but, your value for family keeps you safe. This can only last so long before you're simply too small to defend yourselves. Grow and fight, or find other ways to run and hide.

Growing

20 Characters:

1. More efficient heart, heterodonty
2. Curved claws, stronger collar bone
3. Prehensile tail, primitive eardrums
4. More efficient kidneys, binocular vision
5. Female mate selection, viral DNA incorporation
6. Advance vocalization, social behavior, lung extensions
7. Chromatophores, antecubital spines, complex memory
8. Tail claw, chameleon grip on forelimbs, female offspring pouches
9. Hemotoxin, pinna like scales, opposable toes on back limb

Devil gecko

Your bright colors not only warn of your attitude but, they also warn of your deadly capabilities. It is one thing to choke a would be predator to death but, to cause him to hemorrhage while waiting patiently in his throat is a different story. A virus has caused DNA to transfer to your species from a known toxic plant. These tiny little genes have caused your skin to form small pockets of tubules connected to glands. In the glands a very potent hemotoxin is produced and stored. When stressed, you flash colors to warn your predator but, if they do not listen, you simply flair your elbows, tense the skin, and wait for the toxin to do its job. Nothing makes this horrible trait more devilish than the scales which have grown on your skull. These scales run in an opposite direction of the others, and form a small funnel around your primitive ear drum. The scales resemble the horns of a devil, a fitting feature. Your forelimbs are developed to give you incredible grip and your back limbs have followed suit. The outer two toes have rotated to form a grip similar to a woodpeckers. They are strong and give your species a great deal of grip and traction in the trees. Falling is unheard of for your kind.

Most would not bother to eat you as they know the consequences of trying. In the event that they do, you are likely to survive by lodging yourself in the esophagus and waiting until the creature dies. A lot of danger in a little package.

Thriving

dinoman9877

Post by dinoman9877 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 pm

- Four chambered heart

- Males compete for mates
Last edited by dinoman9877 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.