That's weird but thanks.
Your welcome e.e
I like potatoes.

Ewery1

Re: The Meek Shall Inherit Kobira

Post by Ewery1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:52 pm

ClassyAmeboa wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
Either of you can make Jules' vote for him because he forfeits his turn by not making the deadline.
- Your local Red Panda with way too much power
Yasahiro wrote:Then improve the amphibity.... It's a word now, I made it.
Join my new classic competition game!

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Ewery1 wrote:
ClassyAmeboa wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
Either of you can make Jules' vote for him because he forfeits his turn by not making the deadline.
You mean me and Classy, right?

Anyway, just have him support light tolerance.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:23 pm

joshthehawk wrote:
Ewery1 wrote:
ClassyAmeboa wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
You mean me and Classy, right?

Anyway, just have him support light tolerance.
Oh woops you're right. But are you sure? You guys will be back at square 1 and in risk of extinction.

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Ewery1 wrote:Oh woops you're right. But are you sure? You guys will be back at square 1 and in risk of extinction.
Ok, put it on those little things you need to get in order to become photosynthezising.

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 pm

joshthehawk wrote:
Ewery1 wrote:Oh woops you're right. But are you sure? You guys will be back at square 1 and in risk of extinction.
Ok, put it on those little things you need to get in order to become photosynthezising.
Chloroplasts?
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Alexcat989 wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
Chloroplasts?
Yup, that's the thing.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Ewery1 wrote:
20 characters! wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
Give him cellia!
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:39 pm

20 characters! wrote:
Ewery1 wrote:
20 characters! wrote:
joshthehawk wrote:
Give him cellia!
Sorry, didn't mean to say you XD

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:14 am

TURN 2
On the planet Kobira, an ocean extends out in every direction for ages, with barren desert land on the surface. This planet has finally reached a state of homeostasis, where there are no more internal struggles, and the climate is relatively stable. The atmosphere is mostly carbon and nitrogen. The planet essentially resembles early Earth fairly identically. A hotspot volcanic chain is somewhere in the middle of the ocean, having just left its last island, its staring to build up a volcano. However, live settles in for the very first time around this molten hotspot at the bottom of the ocean. It has formed as Kobiran Bacteria and its ancestors.

Team Non Standard (20 characters!, averious)
Mitochondria: base 5+2 (50% support) = 7 (6)
Cold Tolerance: base 3+2 (50% support) = 5

Energized Lithotrophic Bacteria (Lithobacterium arcticus)
A single celled bacteria that feed off of random particles spurting out of the vents. They have a unique organelle that uses primarily sulfur oxidization and also makes use of iron oxidization to make glucose. They then make use of mitochondria in order to get the highest possible amount of energy out of this. Their main problem is the lack of oxygen in the surrounding environment, the newly formed chloroplast using bacteria is changing this, but for this round it causes a dent in their numbers. They reproduce asexually, have a nucleus and phospholipid bi-layer. They feed off of the iron and sulfur streaming out of the hotspot, however this particular strain is more cold resistant, and can venture further, getting considerably less metals but being much safer.

Appearance:
Brown minuscule bacteria floating aimlessly through the water.
Environment:
Above a volcanic hotspot in the middle of the ocean.
Conservation Status:
VU

Team Potatoes 4 the Win v.3 (GabrielGG, geckoguy42, Alpha)
Light Tolerance: base 3+3 (66% support) = 6
Chloroplasts: base 5+1 (33% support) = 6

Suspended Solars (Chloroherba postneovive benevore)
Single celled bacteria that feed off of random particles spurting out of the vents, and then use chloroplasts in order to make glucose using the natural light filtering down from above the water. This causes them to start producing a lot of oxygen. In order to gain more light, they have developed flotation vacuoles that fill with oxygen and make them more buoyant, hence their name. In order to utilize their chloroplasts fully, Suspended Solars have also developed mitochondria, better than their other subspecies. They reproduce asexually, have a nucleus and phospholipid bi-layer.

Appearance:
Green minuscule bacteria floating aimlessly through the water.
Environment:
Conservation Status:
VU

Team I will not be Sentient (ClassyAmeoba, Jules2800, joshthehawk)
Light Tolerance: base 1+3 (66% support) = 4
Chloroplasts: base 4+1 (33% support) = 5

Suspended Solars (Chloroherba postneovive malvore)
Single celled bacteria that feed off of random particles spurting out of the vents, and then use chloroplasts in order to make glucose using the natural light filtering down from above the water. This causes them to start producing a lot of oxygen. In order to gain more light, they have developed flotation vacuoles that fill with oxygen and make them more buoyant, hence their name. In order to utilize their chloroplasts fully, Suspended Solars have also developed mitochondria, better than their other subspecies. They reproduce asexually, have a nucleus and phospholipid bi-layer.

Appearance:
Green minuscule bacteria floating aimlessly through the water.
Environment:
Conservation Status:
VU

Team Morpholotl (Grockstar124, Prudentia, Alexcat989, Yasahiro)
Phagocytosis: base 3+2 (50% support) = 5
Glycerol-Ether Lipid Membrane: base 6+2 (50% support) = 8 (6)

Proto-Etheroid (Villosusmotus xenorobustustunica)
Single celled bacteria that feed off of random particles spurting out of the vents, using the natural heat to make their chemical reactions for them. They cannot process many organic compounds, making a huge decline in their population. They use phagocytosis to get particles, and when lucky other cells. Their protein working range has increased, and they have gained cilia, which allow them to travel and try to get more prey, even though they can’t process most of it. One huge advantage that they have is a glycerol-ether lipid cell membrane that is considerably stronger than any other cell and keeps them completely immune to any Oozers. This allows them to hang around Oozers and pick off food that floats by. They reproduce asexually and have a semi-nucleus that houses their DNA.

Appearance:
Minuscule ciliated bacteria moving slowly through the water with a unique glycerol-ether lipid membrane.
Environment:
The edges of a volcanic hotspot in the middle of the ocean.
Conservation Status:
EN

Team Unnamed (DehEvil, Silly Otter)
Eyespot: base 5+2 (50% support) = 7 (6)
Cilia: base 3+2 (50% support) = 5

Bumbling Ciliovore (Villosusmotus teleiosvive)
Single celled bacteria that feed off of other organisms swimming around. Bumbling Ciliovores achieve this with a series of four major adaptations. First of all, they have an eyespot which allows them to distinguish light from dark, letting them get not too close to the vent, but not too far away. They then use their cilia to get to the optimal level of light in the middle where the majority of life is located. They then use phagocytosis to eat other cells, taking the needed nutrients into their body. They then make use of said nutrients with mitochondria, a common trend among ancestors of Kobiran Bacteria. They reproduce asexually, have a phospholipid bilayer, and a semi-nucleus that houses their DNA.

Appearance:
Minuscule bacteria with cilia and an eyespot in the middle of their bodies floating aimlessly through the water.
Environment:
Conservation Status:
NT

Team NPC (NPC Bob, NPC Joe, NPC Jill, NPC Hagitha)
Colonies: base 6+2 (50% support) = 8 (6)
Share Nutrients with Colony Members: base 4+1 (25% support) = 5
Cilia: base 2+1 (25% support) = 3

Colonial Oozers (Occulant maximus)
Colonial Oozers are the first multicellular organisms on Kobira. They secrete a haze of acid that breaks down the surrounding cells for nutrients that are absorbed directly. Their mitochondria then process these molecules to make ATP, which is shared throughout the colony via diffusion. It’s not particularly good but it works. In addition, they have gained a thick cell wall, which makes them immune to their own acid for the most part, eating away at only the outside shell, not the membrane. They reproduce asexually, have a semi-nucleus that houses very short DNA.

Appearance:
A colony of shelled protists that float through the water with a cloud of acid around them.
Environment:
Conservation Status:
NT

EVENT
Most everything remains the way it has been before; the mountain continues to grow, at this point halfway up from the ocean floor. The photosynthetic organisms get an incredible amount of light, skyrocketing their population and releasing more oxygen, which in turn favorably affects most other life’s. At this point everything is okay, but in the future if life doesn’t stop depending on the hotspot it may get trapped inside of the newly being formed volcano. Normally there would be holes from the inside to allow life to escape, however there needs to be an eruption for that to occur. If any life were to still be dependent on the hotspot it would certainly die if there were an eruption.
Due to the increase in light, Depth Bacteria are now extinct.
Due to being outcompeted, Edge Bacteria are now extinct.

Revised Conservation Statuses:
Energized Lithotrophic Bacteria: NT
Suspended Solars: LC
Proto-Etheroid: EN
Bumbling Ciliovore: LC

NPC Data:
Colonial Oozers: NT
Lithotrophic Bacteria: VU
Depth Bacteria: EX
Edge Bacteria: EX
Swallowing Bacteria: NT
Microscopic Oozer: EN
Kobiran Bacteria: EN

Ecosystem
The vibrant ecosystem of the volcanic hotspot is bubbling at full steam ahead with five different lineages breaking off of the Kobiran Bacteria. There are two major different groups of autotrophs, lithotrophs and photosynthesizers. The photosynthesizers are Suspended Solars, who, although being tossed up and down like everyone else, have the highest concentration at the top of the water stream, blooming green with life as they create oxygen and get eaten by Bumbling Ciliovores. The lithotrophs are Energized Lithotrophic Bacteria and plain Lithotrophic Bacteria. These two groups would normally be above the photosynthesizers, however they have been on a shortage of oxygen until the photosynthesizers turned up, they are sure to do better in the future. The lithotrophs are most highly concentrated beneath the photosynthesizers, sucking up the iron and sulfur as it is released from the vent.
Meanwhile in the middle of all this producer goodness are the consumers, with two major competing species, and one that’s barely hanging on. The alpha predators at this moment are the Bumbling Ciliovores, which hang out with the photosynthesizers and pick them off one by one. Sometimes they’ll grab a lithotroph or two, but that tends to fall to the Oozers, which can be seen most anywhere, but are most successful with the lithotrophs. Their clouds of acid indiscriminately decompose cells into organic molecules that they feed on. Around the Oozers are Proto-Etheroids that pick off the unconsumed organic molecules due to their impervious cell membranes. They are at a disadvantage however, due to their shortened range of chemical reactions and lack of mitochondria.

Overview
Yay, this round the only people with broken dice were the NPC team, poor Hagitha’s vote didn’t go through. When are the two plant groups going to finally split apart?? Only time can tell. I highly recommend reading everyone’s information, this round was very fun to write, especially the ecosystem section. The ecosystem section also includes hints on how each species can improve and get better. I recommend getting out of the forming volcano as soon as possible so you aren’t stuck when it breaks the surface. Deadline for votes is this Friday (10/23/15) at 2:30pmEST.

Map:
Kobira Current.gif
Kobira Current.gif (47.08 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image