Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1600 BD)

Speculative evolution and forum games
naturegirl1999

Re: Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1700 BD)

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Good luck on the IRL stuff
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 pm

I've done it again. Really sorry. If the turn report isn't too far in I'd like to add a simple action.

- Seed the mountain range with what are considered precious gems as well as a new kind of nutritious ore.

I hope as well irl you're doing well.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat May 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 pm
I've done it again. Really sorry. If the turn report isn't too far in I'd like to add a simple action.

- Seed the mountain range with what are considered precious gems as well as a new kind of nutritious ore.

It's all good, I actually haven't progressed that far at all. 8 week old child and all, not like that's an excuse though.

When you say "nutritious ore", is it nutritious to the Rockbeasts, or to everything else, or what are you attempting to do here?

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:18 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:11 pm
Guineapig004 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 pm

It's all good, I actually haven't progressed that far at all. 8 week old child and all, not like that's an excuse though.

When you say "nutritious ore", is it nutritious to the Rockbeasts, or to everything else, or what are you attempting to do here?
Nutritious to carbon based beings: not the rock beasts, they get regular rock rich rock.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Re: Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1600 BD)

Post by BakedToast » Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 pm

And the Fourth Century has passed upon us. Some gods slumbered, while others did quite the opposite. We shall see their effects upon the world.

The Actions of the gods are recorded below.

1695 BD: Flora Evolves the Sticky Turvits- 50
Spewing out a cloud of pollen, Flora lets the pollen settle onto the backs of many Turvits, where it becomes quite sticky. The Turvits begin to produce this gluey substance on their own, and use it as somewhat as a defense mechanism against the Gluttonous Lizards. However, giving them a sticky back doesn't prevent the Gluttonous Lizards from crushing the Sticky Turvits in their jaws; thus, the gluey substance is more used by the Turvits to attempt to stick elsewhere on the Gluttonous Lizards' bodies, in order to prevent them from getting put in the Lizards' mouths in the first place.

1688 BD: Flora Evolves the Parasitic Turvits- 43
Flora seems to have declared a war on the creations of Teuruzza, as she takes her once peaceful herbivorous insects and turns them into carnivorous parasites. They begin to prey on the Gluttonous Lizards, eating them from the inside out. With one less herbivorous species as a keystone prey species in the ecosystem, the Temperate Forest ecosystem is wavering on the brink of collapse from the warlike actions of Flora.

1680 BD: Flora Evolves the Cowardly Creefles- 58
Flora drops a few petals into the water, which mold the meat-heads of the Creefles into fast-swimming tails. These Creefles survive much longer than their slower counterparts, thus managing to reproduce much more before death. Natural Selection has from thence caused all Creefles to have a faster swimming speed and more agility. They still are preyed upon by the Theraderms, but they have better chances now.

1672 BD: Kipp Evolves the Caustic Corteg- 50
Kipp Flies over the Coral forests, and shoots streams of orange water upon her creations, the Corteg. From this divine blast, they inherit long tusks which they often use to duel the Ogdoads for Coral Territory, and they are capable of dribbling a greenish acid from their mouths onto the ground, which acts as a scent-confuser and a deterrent to predatory Ruby Legionnaires. This has helped the Caustic Corteg to gain a presence that is more reasonable; however, they have not spread prolifically due to thier small numbers in the first place.

1664 BD: Kipp Evolves the Jolloferro- 43
Kipp finds that the Emerald Gorge is indeed still host to Jolloferro plants, which are spreading across the base of the Emerald Gorge. The Lengthened Stem and enlarged air sacs, however, don't do much to aid the filter-feeding Jolloferros, which were already doing well at the bottom of the lake. However, the lengthened cause the Emerald Gorge basin to be quite itchy to Solosis as he rests there.

1659 BD: Kipp Creates the The Cighij- 45
Using her fins to awkwardly manipulate the body of an amphibious tadpole, Kipp accidentally crushes the first few subjects of her manipulation. However, she eventually manages to mold one into the terrifying beast she had envisioned, and lets loose swarms of them into the lake. They thrive well in the lake, and some spread through the shallow swamps elsewhere. However, those that spread elsewhere have trouble swimming in the shallow swamp waters, and are torn to pieces by pairs of voracious Theraderms. In the shadowy lake, however, they have no equal.

1651 BD: Teuruzza Sings of the Raining Lobsters- 99
Climbing down from her mountain perch, Teuruzza enters the temperate forest and finds a suitable hollowed tree-branch, about two cubits in length, porportionate to her bodily shape. She catches and slays several Gluttonous Lizards, tying their sinews and skins together to form several thin ropes about one cubit and a span in length. She then takes her materials back up to the mountain-top, and attaches the sinewy strings to the hollowed branch across it's length, so that they create a bizarre twanging tone when plucked, which resonates through the hollow branch and out into the world. Teuruzza begins to stamp and jump, all the while making thundering thumming sounds on this bizarre instrument she has made. The sky goes dark and clouds cirlce over the mountaintops as the thunderous thrumming continues. And forth from the clouds they come. Giant Flying Lobsters, gliding about on gargantuan chitinous wings. They cast large shadows on the ground as they float and swoop about. When a lobster comes too close to the gorund, it uses a jet stream of some kind of foul smelling red liquid to launch itself back into higher altitudes. The thrumming and thundering subsides, but the Giant Flying Lobsters remain. Their blood-red jet stream liquid nourishes the earth, causing plants to grow faster and animals to have another source of nutritious food. Populations boom thanks to Teuruzza's chatoic action.

1650 BD: Teuruzza Dances the Righteous Dance- 11
Stomping and crushing her proir-made strange instrument under her own feet, Teuruzza begins to chirrup and roar while making strange half-coordinated movements. Her dancing causes many of her feathers to fly forth, carried by the winds of the mountiantops aloft to many places. However, there is no mortal being intelligent enough to recognize their significance, at least for now. The feathers settle to the ground and are covered up by dust, sand, and dirt. Maybe they will resurface in later centuries...

1633 BD: Alias Creates the Gentle Gelnes- 40
Coming forth from Kipp's orange mist as Flora floats quietly away, Alias appears. His Jellyfish form contorts and pulses as he swims awkwardly through the air, and as he does so, gelatinous blobs of his own flesh fall to the earth. Some of these blobs come to life, and stick to the Jolloferros and other plants in the swamplands. They spread quickly, but the Integ and the Theraderms alike find these gelatinous bubbles very tasty, thus consuming many of them in short succession. Their populations are stable, but stably declining.

1628 BD: Alias Creates the Gregarious Gelneworkers- 95
After Alias has gotten full control of his own awkward movements, he realizes the haphazard byproduct of his efforts, the Gelnes, are struggling. He shoots a small cloud of his stinging nematocysts into the swampland, which drives away the predators of his creation. These nematocysts quickly eveolve into the Gelneworkers; these hive-dwelling insects work with the Gelnes, and protect them with their lives, serving them and helping them reproduce and travel. The populations of Gelnes and Gelneworkers explodes and spreads across the humid swamplands. The swamplands echo with the low hums of the Gelneworkers as they work.

1616 BD: Kotor Seeds the Nurachite- 32
Kotor, covered in crystalline vines due to his long rest in the forest, awakes with a start. Shattering the growths about him, he lumbers to his full height, causing beasts to flee in terror. With ground-shaking deliberate steps, he walks the border of the entire Temperate forest, leaving giant craggy footprints in the ground. As he does so, he takes small chunks of himself and throws them with deadly force into the mountain range. These pieces burrow deep into the mountains, and spread further to create the Nurachite, a variant of Malachite that is actually quite nutritious to any carbon-based lifeform. However, being deep underground, they are not discovered by any life, and thus they remain at rest in the mountain range.

Deities at Rest:
Solosis, appreciative of his past deeds, has remained slumering in the many underwater caverns beneath the island. No one has seen or heard from him this century. Perhaps, he is quietly watching the world through his "Eyes of the Creator."
Serinius has taken a reprieve from his rage and fury, to attempt to soothe himself. After all, his unwanted father has also not been seen, and so Serinius own self-hate and parent-hate has perhaps cooled slightly.
Notable Events:
1. There has been a population boom in many species througout Kisiwa, due to the Giant Flying Lobsters producing a food source that is effectively free.

2. The ecosystem of the Temperate Forest is on the brink of a collapse, due to a staple herbivore becoming a parasitic carnivore. The rain of the Lobsters is slowing this collapse, but cannot be counted on to sustain the wavering ecosystem.

The World of Kisiwa:
Biomes:
Coral Forests - Flat and mostly Sandy, with large clusters of coral protruding from the gorund, particularly near the coast. Large metallic crystals stick from the sand in many places. A gigantic ravine-lake rests near the mountain ranges in the eastern parts of the Coral Forests.
Producers: Terracermimes[Coral], Lichens, Jolloferros[Plant], Giant Flying Lobsters [Crustacean]
Primary Consumers: EndoTermites[Insect], Red Ogdoads[Insect], Gliding Ogdoads[Insect], Caustic Corteg[Insect]
Secondary Consumers: Ruby Legionnaires[Insect], Bandit Slugs[Mollusk], Onyx Brutusmites[Insect], MindSlugs[Mollusk]

Temperate Forest [Verge of Collapse] - Hot and slightly humid, with large trees forming a canopy over smaller vegetation. Surrounded by an oblong mountian range, and thus cut off from the coastlines of the world. The mountain range has a large smouldering gap in it facing the eastern Marshlands - this is a collapsed volcano. Formerly a rainforest; climactic changes have casued a change in biome.
Producers: Pyre Plants[Plant], Trees [and other native plant life typical of a generic rainforest], Sekru [RockBeast], Crystal Trees[Plant], Giant Flying Lobsters [Crustacean]
Primary Consumers: Varicolored Fungus[Plant], Marcomites[Insect], Jumping Turvits[Insect], Proconates[Insect]
Secondary Consumers: Glutton Lizard[Reptile], Raimbow Death[Plant],
Tertiary Consumers: Sticky Turvits[Insect]

Marshlands - Cool and Swampy, the ground is covered with muck and dirty water; mangroves, shrubs, willows, and other "esoteric" plant life thrive well here. Large metallic crystals stick up from the muck in many places.
Producers: Jamjams[Plant], Sky Chromids[Insect], Willows (and other native plant life typical of a generic marshland), Giant Flying Lobsters [Crustacean]
Primary Consumers: Creefles[Fish], Blooks[Fish], Integ[Insect], Stomping Integ[Insect], Gelnes [Slimebeast]
Secondary Consumers: Theraderms[Amphibian], Cighij [Amphibian], Gelneworkers [Insect]
Pantheon Ranks:
"Scores" are determined by acts of fame and legend that resound such that gods and/or mortals have no choice but to recognize them. Essentially, any action that gives you a unique title, as you'll see below, will net you a point. If you do something great, but another deitiy has already done a similar thing, you will not get a title for it. Titles are unique, and awarded on a first-come first serve basis. While Titles are unique, they are still general. For example, "destroying the town of Torok" would give you the title "Destroyer of Towns", not "Destroyer of Torok" [unless Torok was such a central and magnificent piece of the world that it somehow merited being named; although, if someone else already had "Destroyer of Towns", then it'd be pretty darn difficult to justify giving a more specific, yet similar, title to someone else]. In case of a tie, the "older" deity will be listed first; however, tied deities are condsidered the same rank. You cannot recieve more than one title from a single action.

Solosis (god; parents - None)
(First of the First Four Deities; Shaper of Lands; Evolver of Insects; Maker of Waters; Bringer of Amphibians; Builder of Divine Tools;) 6 Points Total

Flora (goddess; parent - Solosis)
(Second of the First Four Deities; Bringer of Plants; Bringer of Insects; Bringer of Fish; Evolver of Fish;) 5 Points Total

Kipp (goddess; parents - Solosis and Flora)
(Third of the First Four Deities; Nurturer of Plants; Migrator of Plants; Builder of Divine Homes; Evolver of Plants;) 5 Points Total

Serinius (god; parents - Solosis and Kipp)
(Fourth of the First Four Deities; Bringer of Predators; Bringer of Mollusks; Defiler of Lands; Evolver of Mollusks;) 5 Points Total

Teuruzza (goddess; parents - Not Revealed)
(Bringer of Destructive Rain; Traveler to Distant Places; Bringer of Reptiles; Bringer of Crustaceans; Mighty Dancer;) 5 Points Total

Kotor (god; parents - Solosis and Flora)
(Bringer of RockBeasts; Bringer of Ores;) 2 Points Total

Alias (god; parents - Flora and Kipp)
(Bringer of Slimebeasts;) 1 Point Total
Note: Sorry About the Delay. Was very busy IRL.

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

OOC: Finally, you have returned.

Kipp decides to make an another relative to jamjams. She modifies them to be quite alot longer, extends small protrusions through the sap of the plant ,and adds small seeds incased in a fleshy membrane to be fruits. She names them Jamlamus. She plants a patch of them at a convinient spot and watches them grow.

Kipp looks at herself. She realises that flying can be a really great way to get around. She then takes an Integ and elongates and strengtens its legs. Then she creates protrusions of soft tissue in the shape of a birds feathers attached to them to form four wings. She decreases their size and the thickness of their exoskeleton to make them more lightweight. She names them Intarea. These animal take flight by using quad-launch, similar to a pterosaur. They shall feed on the fruits of the jamlamus plant and spread its seeds, and may supplement their diet with other soft plant matter they find. She releases a swarm of them and watches them spread.

Kipp then looks at the trees of the marshlands. They could provide a source of nutrition to a new species. She takes a Stomping Integ, and makes so that its mandibles protrude from two long and flexible tentacles. She then makes it larger and elongates its legs even further. She makes its hooves wider to avoid sinking and enlarges its digestive system to make it easier for it to digest its food. She names them Interrafe then releases a herd of them to the marshlands and watchs them disperse.

OOC:I just noticed that I am limiting myself to the marsland (with the exception of Corteg and Jollofero). So I am declaring Kipp to be the Goddess of the Marshes. This is not to grant me free points, just a subtitle.
Last edited by magmacube_tr on Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.

Alexcat989
Location: In a fictional world with a bunch of cute kitty people

Post by Alexcat989 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 am

Heh, even with a roll of 11, the dance worked out flawlessly.
Definitely gonna use that new instrument to taunt the other gods, oh and maybe to gain favor with later sentients.

Also just realized the blood is a REALLY good set up move.

- Modify Lobsters to butcher animals effectively (Claws,Mandible, or both is fine)
- Lobsters prey upon all all species except the glutton lizards trapped in coagulated blood
- Metallic Spikes can become infused with lobster blood allowing them to create a connective network to send information between them.
- Give the glutton lizards a total of five eyes in a pattern similar to Opabinia, Two Forward, two angled forward on side, one on top for some intense Depth perception and to watch for Lobsters.
- Glutton lizards cover themselves in the foul smelling blood to ward off the parasites
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 pm

magmacube_tr wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:56 pm
A quick question. What 'BD' stands for :?:
My question still remains.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am

flora will try to right her wrong. She gives some Creefles the ability to breathe air on land, gives them legs to allow them to move on land, and moves these Land Creefles to the Temperate Forest. Flora hopes this will add another herbivore species to the forest to stop the collapse

((Does moving them count as an action itself or can I do a third modification and move them as my third action? Either way is fine, just let me know))
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon May 25, 2020 2:58 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am
((Does moving them count as an action itself or can I do a third modification and move them as my third action? Either way is fine, just let me know))
In theory, I think you could bend the rules such that you lump all the “evolutions” in this case into one action. However, the more complex an action is, the more ways it has of going sideways in ways you might not expect. So either way you want to phrase it could work. Anything extremely distinct from something else should be considered a second action.
Alexcat989 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 am
Heh, even with a roll of 11, the dance worked out flawlessly.
Definitely gonna use that new instrument to taunt the other gods, oh and maybe to gain favor with later sentients.
Actually, the dance action describes you crushing and destroying your prior-made instrument under your own feet. So unfortunately you don’t have it anymore...
Alexcat989 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 am

Also just realized the blood is a REALLY good set up move.

-
-
-
-
-
As per prior determined discussion, I am currently capping actions at 3. You can definitely save some for next century though! :)
magmacube_tr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 pm
(About BD)
My question still remains.
You’ll see... you’ll see. Although the gods might find out too late. :twisted: :mrgreen: