Definitely Not Feudal- Burghers-esque Politics Game

Speculative evolution and forum games
naturegirl1999

Re: Definitely Not Feudal- Burghers-esque Politics Game

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Maybe the others are thinking about their actions
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

OOC: Sorry, I was on Vacation.

Votes:
Support both my own votes, for the Senate and the inter-tribal Ivos community of learned people.

Support the requests from the smaller tribes. These tribes, at least on the Carek isles, function as tributaries to the dominant Kanika tribe [spelled with one "n", not two], and Kanika would be foolish to disregard the requests of the smaller tribes. However, our own ships and homes should be repaired first.

Actions:
If the aiding of smaller tribes vote fails, Kanika will invest in restoring their own vassal tribes' ships and homes, at a slightly increased tax rate to make up for Kanikan resources.

Repair our own homes and ships, using the damage as an excuse to fortify our larger villages with double walls made of logs, as well as adding extra armor to our ships.

Send specific trade parties on behalf of the Kanikan villages themselves (as opposed to private merchants) bearing bejeweled trinkets, O'shira totems, and copies of O'shira stories to villages throughout all the isles, in an attempt to trade these things for food and supplies.

Secretly hunt the sacred bird of the Kordi tribe anyway at all times, despite the regulations, since food is not abundant on the Carek isles.
I Sculpt Tabletop Miniatures!

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Issue:
1. Yes, it will encourage unity
2. Yes, like above. We also have a proposal about autonomy
3. Yes, we shall devote some of our resources to help the smaller tribes.

Proposal:
The Jakra will propose a system to help the Kanika's proposal. Basically, The Spirit Pact will be divided into a nation with autonomous provinces that are the main tribes, like the current system, but just to make administration supposedly easier. The local governor will be whoever rules the island currently. Meanwhile, the capital, where the leading family and learned people live, will be in Ivos of course. It will be a place where the Pact is governed entirely from. Finally, there will be separate Pact wide law and local Provincial law, with the former binding the whole Pact while the latter only to a certain province/island

Action:
Continue the domestication attempt

Repair the damage from the storm. Like the Kanika, the Jakra will use it as an opportunity to reconstruct and improve, making their buildings and ships better

While the Jakra tribe relies on metal from the Kanika tribe now, the Jakra will try to venture to the mountain to find resources, by starting to mine it

Try to improve their water hunting skill, which involve hunts of larger or predatory sea creatures, like sharks.

(Hope my proposal isn't too stupid. Like I'm not confident in making proposals honestly)

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:58 pm

Any news on the next turn report?

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 am

Burger Cat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 am
Please vote

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:28 pm

1 through 2 of the votes: Yes for both of them
3. Yes, we can probably help them for sure to increase relations with the lesser tribes

Actions:

Localize the domestication of the Jarka parrots throughout the island archipelago of the Kordi tribes

Try to build storehouses inside of the Kordi territory to store inside important resources

Suggest a trade proposal to the Kanika tribe to gave them fish to feed their own people while wanting the possibility of building supplies for Kordi boats and tools. "Accept the trade proposal from the Kanika"

Try to create traps built to capture small animals nearby the bays of the Kordi capital island.

Do a local ceremony to praise the mighty spirits of the Orca and Great White as to increase the moral of the Kordi fishermen to improve their production of fishing.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:28 pm
Suggest a trade proposal to the Kanika tribe to gave them fish to feed their own people while wanting the possibility of building supplies for Kordi boats and tools.
We accept this proposal.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 am

Sorry I've been so slow moving lately. I'm hoping to get the next turn done before dawn

EDIT I got a fair bit done but I'm too tired to think now

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 am

Y.B. 2
I have percentile dice I can use for this now so that’s neat.
Results of the Second Council.
Should the Tribe of Ivos be formed? The answer is a unanimous yes as all parties agree this will help bind together. So to this end each tribe is to select a number of their most learned and send them to the island.
Should the Senate of Ivos be formed? Yes, once again a unanimous decision albeit with a slight amount of dissent this time.
Aid to lesser Tribes? The tribes all wished to aid their lesser but it was a second priority. The repairs were finished by the end of the year and any great famine was avoided but it was another hard winter regardless.
Actions
Renga: Burn the Blight 58
Renga is able perform targeted burns and stop the blight before it gets out of hand. The swift action allows them to avoid a famine, although they are lacking in food for the winter, starvation dosen’t kill many.

Renga: Help with Repairs 46
The focus on fighting the blight means that repairs are slow and the Renga barely finish in time for next year’s council. A few people die from exposure to the cold over winter.

Kanika: Strong Houses 36
Kannika also struggles to repair their homes in time for winter and splitting their efforts only makes things worse. Some houses do get their strong walls but many are left homeless for winter and freeze to death. The Ships are repaired but the armor is more overt than the Kanika might have liked.

Kanika: Ocean Caravans 63
Major trade parties move from the Kanika to other islands and bring great profit to their people. The Harsh winter means that supplies are higher in demand, but they are able to buy respectable amounts given the circumstances.

Kanika: Just a bird 56
The Kanika could care less about the prohibition on hunting sacred birds and continue to do so. The efforts to remain secret prevent them from gathering a great amount more but they do manage to get some.

Jakra: Flying Cats 34
The Jakra make efforts to domesticate the vermin hunting birds but they remain aloof and uninterested in any food offered.

Jakra: We can rebuild them, Stronger, Better… or not. 17
Jakra attempts to renovate damaged buildings don’t end well and a few buildings end up collapsing during a winter snowstorm, crushing their occupants in their sleep. The supposedly better building techniques they used turned out to not work.

Jakra: Mountain Mine 63
The Jakra are able to find a potential copper mine in the mountains but it will take some time and effort to build a mine there.

Jakra: Spear Fishing+ 51
The Jakra have started making barbed javelins to throw at larger sea life in their hunts. They’ve been unable to hunt anything too large but dolphin sized animals are huntable with a fair bit of luck now.

Kordi: Great Granary 63
In response to the harsh winter the Kordi have started building granaries to help keep their food better preserved for the next disaster. This goes well and the granaries are completed.

Kordi: Fish for supplies 42
The Kordi are unable to find traders willing to trade away their supplies given circumstances.

Kordi: Small Traps 96
The Kordi are however able to design a highly effective trap and more than make up for their deficits in food. They do catch an albino puppy in one of the traps and its considered a great omen.

Kordi: Greatest of Fish 45
The Kordi make a great sacrifice to the Orca and Great White but a storm afterwards seems to muddle wheither or not the gods appreciated the sacrifice.

Kordi: Parrot for sale 73
The Parrots did find a market on other islands and the Kordi were able to sell them for a relatively high price .
Events
The Tribe of Ivos has had a rough start. The Housing that has been created for the tribe so far is quite meager and the tribesmen themselves aren’t used to the hard labor that maintaining the union building entails. In addition many of the tribes men were unhappy to leave their homes in the first place and thus the tribe is now boiling with unrest and dissent.

Next Year’s Votes
Each Tribe is to nominate a man and a woman to become their representatives in the senate.
Should a provincial system be created to administer the Spirit Pact?
What should be done about the tribe of Ivos.

I feel like Im bad at running this game. I can keep going I’m just concerned.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 am

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 am
I feel like I'm bad at running this game. I can keep going I’m just concerned.
OOC:
-My major piece of advice would be (for next turn etc) to add personality to the turn results. Speak of people by name, so we as players have individuals to interact with, and even when [random] people die due to tragedies, give them names and a reason why we should care. After all, we are still small tribes, maybe our villages have less than a hundred people in them. Every tribesman is valuable and if we are to grow attached to our tribes, we need something to relate to. It also will ensure that you as a GM will also feel more attached to the game and the plots. :mrgreen:
-Also remember that in your action results that you give us, you can add triggers that give us incentives for how to act in the future. [A lot of your action results, while succinct, are also conclusive, and feel like they are closing off plots rather than opening them] For example, your most plot-opening action result was the "Kordi - Small Traps", which, since we don't know much about the world, could definitely lead to some interesting phenomena for the Kordi tribe.
-Those are my two major pieces of advice. I will try to stimulate such turn results this year by acting in ways that provide more content for you to work with.