From the Primordial Soup [Evogame]

Speculative evolution and forum games
Burger Cat

Re: From the Primordial Soup [Evogame]

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

memebird wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm
I'm not gonna lie, I usually am the one to create a plant in this brand of evo game that floats by means of a gas bladder, i'd like to see someone else's take on that.
As for sexual reproduction, maybe not full-on that so quickly, but maybe on it's way there
regardless of how it reproduces, the gas bladder absolutely is enough to put it in it's own genus.
Thank you for the advice, I do have the drawing ready but I just need to post down the details. Would asexual reproduction via waterborne spores be fine?

memebird

Post by memebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm
memebird wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm
I'm not gonna lie, I usually am the one to create a plant in this brand of evo game that floats by means of a gas bladder, i'd like to see someone else's take on that.
As for sexual reproduction, maybe not full-on that so quickly, but maybe on it's way there
regardless of how it reproduces, the gas bladder absolutely is enough to put it in it's own genus.
Thank you for the advice, I do have the drawing ready but I just need to post down the details. Would asexual reproduction via waterborne spores be fine?
Yeah, that works just fine

Just a heads up for everyone, we have currently already done 5 species out of max of 15 for this epoch

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 am

Image: Heigherb iroba
Common Name: Iron Stalk
Binomial Name: Heigherb iroba
Creator: Guineapig004
Ancestor: Simplaherba virdbulla
Size: 8 millimeters wide, approx. 5 centimeters tall.
Diet: Photosynthesis
Habitat: Zone 1
Reproduction: Asexual
Description: The Iron Stalks developed a sort of “backbone” made from iron particulates collected from the water. It runs through its whole length and as a result it can attain a highly stable form. Its great height proves useful for improving its surface area for photosynthesis, which it further improves by creating little buds, specially designed for this purpose. The iron backbone can be extremely dangerous for creatures attempting to eat it, as it may cause internal injuries, or even iron poisoning.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 am

Image: https://imgur.com/a/vAShkmg "ignore the F/adult, was doing separate genders for this species but changed it being a simple asexual organism instead."
Common Name: Sponge Bloater
Binomial Name: Herbaglobus Mareradix
Creator: Burger Cat
Ancestor: Simplaherba virdbulla
Size: 7 mm tall, 7 mm wide
Diet: Photosynthesis
Habitat: Zone 1, Zone 2-5 by floating into the zones of 2-5 with their newly adapted roots to absorb nutrient from the water.
Reproduction: Asexual reproduction by releasing spores into the water that will be similar to that of floating algae.
Description: The Sponge Bloater have taken a huge step in evolution for plants by evolving two separate apdations being the gas bladder and roots. The sponge bloater have a gas bladder that contain a mixture of helium and hydrogen to keep itself afloat on the ocean waves and allowing it to absorb the as much sunlight as possible. The texture of the sponge bloater is dark green porous outer layer that allows it to float more better and a stretchy inner layer of skin that keeps in the important gas bladder and moisture. The roots of the sponge bloater are very important and being the very first of their type, allowing the sponge bloater to properly absorb nutrient from the water directly into the bloater inner skin layer.

memebird

Post by memebird » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 am

All looks good so far, by the way, if there's anything wrong with a species i'll let the one who posted it know what's wrong as soon as I spot the issue

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am

Image: Symmetriarum dissolvous
Common Name: Gulpers
Binomial Name: Symmetriarum dissolvous
Creator: Guineapig004
Ancestor: Symmetriarum stella
Size: 1 centimeter wide, ½ centimeter tall
Diet: Omnivore (Leans toward hunting)
Reproduction: Asexual
Description: The Gulpers developed gelatinous appendages which can drag smaller organisms toward its central stomach. These appendages can also act as a propulsion system, allowing them to catch up to swimming prey. The stomach contains powerful acids, processed from the remains of Stringi, and a primitive muscle which crushes whatever is inside of it. Otherwise, they are the same as the Bunstars.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Ooh, I like the premise of this game! :)

... I tend to hate plants, but my contrariness is stronger, so I'll help diversify the algae.

Simplaherba agglutinata.png
Simplaherba agglutinata.png (17.23 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Common Name: Glualga.
Binomial Name: Simplaherba agglutinata
Creator: White Parrot.
Ancestor: Bublalga.
Size: 5*5*5mm on average, though individual proportions can vary.
Diet: photosynthesis.
Habitat: zone 1, spreading across zones 2-5.
Reproduction: asexually by budding, with new plants attached to their parents, pieces of Glualga can also grow into new individuals in ideal conditions.
Description: Glualga secrete an adhesive on their surface. They are less palatable than their ancestors due to their higher content in silica (from grains of sand stuck to them) and their tendency to gum up the mouth of the eater. Their stickiness allows them to grow (if not to thrive) on unusual supports, such as vertical rock surfaces or even on animals coming into contact with them (as pieces of them stuck near, say, a herbivore mouth stay stuck and regenerate). With their side being frequently stuck to sand or other members of their species, Glualga concentrate their photosynthetic activity wherever most light is received -on their top, which makes it appear a deeper green than the rest of their simple body.
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Leo

Post by Leo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes another evolution game, and finally one with plants too. Also, would it be possible to link the Specolous evolution thread here? I like to read old evolution games.
Now, as for the species.
https://imgur.com/KV1QBF7
Common Name: Toxalga
Binomial Name: Simplaherba mortiferus
Creator:Leo
Ancestor:Bubalga
Size:4 millimiters tall and wide
Diet:Photosyntetisis
Habitat:Zone 1
Reproduction:asexually by budding
Description: In order to defend itself agains predation, this offshoot of the Bubalga has developed the ability to produce toxins, storing some dangerous matabolytes in its cells, so that herbivores would think twice before attacking it. The additional energetic cost of producing poison means that this alga grows smaller than it's ancestor. As a side effect, it also became a little lighter in color.

memebird

Post by memebird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:38 am

Common Name: Buroodle
Binomial Name: Densuvermis primoculus
Creator: Memebird
Ancestor: Noodli
Size: 6 millimeters long, 3.5 millimeters thick
Diet: Herbivore
Habitat: Zones 1, 3, and 4, most common in sandy places abundant with plant life
Reproduction: Parthanogenic by laying eggs, buries eggs in order to keep them hidden from predators
Description: With plants adapting tough outer shells, and predators swifter than the old bunstar cropping up left and right, it soon became apparent that the common Noodli would need to learn fight or flight. The buroodle, went for flight. Rather than being a swift swimmer, the Buroodle prefers to simply not be found in the first place. This it accomplishes by staying low to the sandy floor all the time, if danger approaches, and is detected, the Buroodle quickly buries itself, leaving only it's primitive "eyes" exposed. These eyes are only the bare minimum, only able to detect whether it is dark or bright out, and are used by the Buroodle to determine if anything is swimming overhead. In a case of convergent evolution with their carnivorous relatives, Buroodle have a hardened spike at the end of their proboscis. The similarities end there, as this spike is hooked, and used to pull apart plant life that would give the basic Noodli and Bunstar a hard time.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Leo wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Yes another evolution game, and finally one with plants too. Also, would it be possible to link the Specolous evolution thread here? I like to read old evolution games.
About Speculus evolution, I would link it, as it was the first evo game I participated in, and thus I love it a lot.
Here's the thing, it no longer exists. When the old Spec Evo forum was forcibly taken over by tapatalk, the forumgames section and everything in it was gone

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Image: https://imgur.com/a/uqrHhiU
Common Name: Wurk
Binomial Name: Vermifigura Fossor
Creator: Burger Cat
Ancestor: Symmetriarum stella
Size: 4 mm wide, 8 mm long
Diet: Omnivore
Description: The wurk have evolved a more complicated muscular structure that is alike to terran worms. Wurks generally live inside of burrows by using 3 newly developed keratin tooth plates to dig underground and to easier hide from the newly adapted predators like the beaky and pick-nose. Wurks have a more better sense of touch with small sensory dots that surrounds the body of the wurk to help it dig through the tunnels without burying itself. The wurk does have a mouth hole to more easier get food to be collected inside of the body and be digested by their primitive inner digestive system.