Geology

A forum for mods and the modders who mod them.
rdesilve

Geology

Post by rdesilve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:27 am

As we all know Geology also plays a large role in the Climate and how nutrients are deposited, how natural disasters can wipe out a large group of animals creating fossils and possibly removing a species suppressing another. I think this would be a great add to the game. Even though it is still new and has a lot of bugs in it I think adding simple geology (not tectonic plates) like volcanoes which can add rock to the terrain and erosion can deposit minerals and fill in lakes or create river systems can influence how life evolves. When the sediments reach the outer parts of the map they will be removed allowing the map to not fill in but of course this could be an option because then you could go from an island to a plateau or tundra.

Hopefully though larger maps can run in the next version of the game (since right now a map size larger than 2 runs a high risk of crashing the program (0.6.1)) since this will allow for a more diverse geology to occur.

If I knew the programming language and knew the programmers style of coding I could easily do this but hopefully this injects some ideas for the future of this awesome program. :geek:

20 characters!

Re: Geology

Post by 20 characters! » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 am

This really should be posted in the suggestions section of the forum rather than here.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage