Spinning Alots Parts Pack

A forum for mods and the modders who mod them.
Spinning Alot

Post by Spinning Alot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:41 am

Hey Everyone!
I have recently started making a mod Parts pack, Ive only been working on it for about 2 days so dont expect much YET hahaha.
So far the progress is:
9 heads
Screenshots:
And heres some ingame:
The Parts Pack is still in development and there isnt going to be a download for awhile hahaha Im aiming for 20+ new heads, probably 5 limbs and about 10+ feature types

White parrot

Re: Spinning Alots Parts Pack

Post by White parrot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Not bad at all, looks very promising ! :)
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 am

Eeeeee! They're adorable! :D [grabs creature's cheeks] Whose a cute little abomination of nature you are yesh you are.

Just going by those screenshots, your heads might be scaled a bit small in relation to the existing head types: try importing one of the FBX files and resizing your assets to match. (hmm... a scale modifier in the data.txt file would be a nice feature for modding: I'll add that to the todo list)

Also, in case it helps, using the Reset XForms function before you export (or whatever the equivilent is in non-3ds max modelling environments ) can be useful to prevent unexpected scaling/rotation/position issues.

Also also, wherever the pivot point/origin on the model is is where the head will attach to the neck.

This is awesome, I can't wait to see where you're headed with this parts pack. :)

Spinning Alot

Post by Spinning Alot » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:19 am

Thanks! ^_^ Ill see what i can do with the scaling problem hahaha although, they usually are about the correct size, for some reason i managed to take screenshots of all the creatures with small heads bahahaha
Anyway If anyone has any recommendations on what i should add, just post what you think i should add and maybe some pictures or something haha

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 am

Why not zoidberg?
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Spinning Alot

Post by Spinning Alot » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 am

Bahaha yeah why not? Hahahaha Ill work on it, probs make it more like a squid head haha
Made a few more, Hahaha
The first is a beetle head, than an armored lizard kinda thing, lions head (might remake it later not happy with it) wolfs head (also might remake that) shark head, elephant head and hammerhead shark.
got the first two in game:

Genetico

Post by Genetico » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:12 am

They're so...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I can't wait to unleash them upon the herbivores i have intentionly 'made' for just such a situation.

The Xenomorphic Overlords will be here soon, WITH FRIGGIN DINOSAURS!!!

mw3modderman

comment the I, maybe not so much :P

Post by mw3modderman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 am

Awesome, is it possible you could just share the models in the creature sharing section, or do you need the mod for it to function.

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:19 am

Amazing. I think tusks should be modular... but we do have non-modular teeth so it certainly works for now.

This is exactly what we need. I'm happy to see a relatively normal Hammerhead will exist in this game :)

Genetico

Post by Genetico » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:27 am

a few suggestions

Pitch black monster Head
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... raptor.jpg

Xenomorph head, body and/or tail - tiny mouth within another mouth like xeno would be cool too
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5444/6789.jpg (or see below)

The Xenomorphic Overlords will be here soon, WITH FRIGGIN DINOSAURS!!!