GODUS by 22cans and Peter Molyneux

Know about another game or simulation that's worth sharing or discussing? The gaming industry is at it's best when it's a great big incestual slurry of crosslinks and recommendations, so tell us about it here!
Riulus

Re: GODUS by 22cans and Peter Molyneux

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:43 am

Tiberius wrote:I know this isn't helpful but people are getting angrier over recommendations that ethics and religion, does anyone else find that odd?
It's a troll, I noticed right after his post in the ethics and morality post.

Probably won't believe me, but I was trying to be more sarcastic than actually angry.
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:20 am

Tiberius wrote:I know this isn't helpful but people are getting angrier over recommendations that ethics and religion, does anyone else find that odd?
This is no longer true lol
- Your local Red Panda with way too much power
Yasahiro wrote:Then improve the amphibity.... It's a word now, I made it.
Join my new classic competition game!

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:24 am

Ewery1 wrote:
This is no longer true lol
A guide to insulting somebody, to comparison of their anatomy towards another animal.

BRAIN: Tunicates

Head: stegosaur

Mouth: Moth\other insect without mouth

Arms: tyrannosaurus

Hands: Abelisaur

Torso: sea spider.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 am

Riulus wrote:
Ekoou1986 wrote:Take a gander at the description. Its a discussions section. If youve neither played the game or have a recommendation for ME, then I dont see why YOURE here.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you WANTED a recommendation in place of GODUS. Next time, make your intentions clear.
Also, learn how to use apostrophes. You look like a third grader.
Ekoou1986 wrote: For your reference, this might read something like this:
'I've playef it before, but specifically, what are your problems with it? I really enjoyed it."
Or
"Well if you havent tried 'this' game then you should give it a go. I got what I wanted to get when I played godus while playing 'this' game."

Sort of like the recommendation I'd give to players disenchanted with spore for THIS game, ALRE.
Oooo, a full on description. Very intelligent, makes you look a gazillion percent smarter. Do you want an award or something? How about the "At Least I Tried To Make Someone Look Stupid On The Internet" award?
Ekoou1986 wrote: In other words, fuck off. Edited insult out.
And mature to boot too. Wow, you're the whole package! The ladies/gentlemen must be all over you. Do you hear that? I think I hear the sound of panties dropping all around the world.

But seriously, calm down. I understand that this is probably your first time on a forum in a very long time, but in all honesty the best weapon you have against companies as a consumer is to keep quiet about a product, and to give poor reviews when actually asked about it. Otherwise you just draw potential customers to the product you have nothing good to say about, which ensures that it survives in the long run. I'm giving advice, which by your same definition is a recommendation in of itself.

I will say this though: you make some awfully creative insults. At least more creative than what I could come up with off of the top of my head.
Will you cut it out before I give you a noogie! You want to know something? I forgive you, and so does jesus.
Honestly, if you only want to reply to me (Im referencing roughly the first half of your post.), then pm me.

As for the second part of your post I flatly disagree with your statement. It's NOT better to keep quiet. THAT is what companies want yoy to do when their product fails to even operate, let alone perform well to specs. Yeah lets not learn from others' mistakes.

Who is the child here? Who knows less about the world? who does jesus love? Learn the answers and more from our other contestant in a few moments.
Plus, no apostraphes. Thats free speech.

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:01 am

So, apparently, some kind of more deeply penetrating review is needed. I'll use a rating system called penetration points, from 1-10+ inches, and assume the role of a lolita blogger....

Heres a better review of the game; fucking shit. Its a fucking pile of shit. Stay away unless you want to wash it off your hard-drive with a scrub-brush after you rub your dogs nose in it. 1 inch of penetration.

Heres the real review.
It was a decent play while it worked, but loading-freezes and other mobile gameplay mechanics added up to a lot of headache for no reason. Youre better off playing what you got on your phone. Youre better off learning chess or playing a cpu player. The commitment to your GODUS game is suddenly broken when your file corrupts and all of the little issues youve been dealing with come spilling out.

In order to shape the land, which sounds grand, you need to have a certain amount of currency called faith. It doesn't sound bad, but imagine playing minecraft and having a very bad resource cost payed for every block mined or placed. The equivalent of which would be like having only 30 uses of an iron pick through stone for removal AND placement. This mechanic works well when it's balanced and feels clunky when it isnt...in godus it feels like a huge invisible wall that can punch.

Landscaping, itself, has issues and most of the user interaction feels clumsy. Rotating the screen can regularly cause accidental landscaping and can ruin parts of your town that is critical to flow of people, and which took time to originally build, AND costed currency to mess up, as stated above. In the same way, simple scrolling can cause mistaken landscaping.

Another currency, called stickers, are used to unlock god powers and tech advancement from mesolithic cultures into some kind of neolithic, bronze age, and iron age cultures. Same problem as above except faith is easy to obtain, and can even be bought, but stickers are not. To unlock stickers you need to spend a third currency called GEMS, which is the meat of the IAP scheme.
I can only imagine the horror of paying for this crap on pc/steam, which it retains for payed versions. Ok, you say, because its a free game...well its really give and take here. Theyre not making money off of adds, which was a HUGE plus, and I deal with horrible mechanics to get a small glimpse of decent ideas executed horribly. Give and take. Harmony.

Anyway, the next currency is called wheat, and moving into the neolithic, it shouldn't come as a surprise. This is the ONE currency which the game couldn't do without. Once farming is unlocked, every house costs scaling amounts of wheat. The one part of the game that doesnt feel forced.

The worst part of the game is the linear nature of it. This is a characteristic of all Peter Molyneuxs games. When he does give you a choice, it's between petting and slapping, what kind of hair or tattoos you have, how many peasants you own, or some other frivolous x, y, or z. This game should feel smooth to play but you end up logging on just to collect faith and occasionally expand. Why is a god restrained in so many ways? I feel more like a god in ALRE than in any of his "god-games".

The game-breaking part was when my game broke.

Here's a couple pieces of advice; stay away. If all of what I've said actually interests you then play it on mobile. Dont get attached to your one and only save game. Read up on making back-ups. Be ready for sporadic support.

This message was written without apostraphes. Bless you.

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:06 am

By the way, I'm sure someone has said this somewhere; if you're gonna double team me it's gonna cost you extra.

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:06 am

I think you've missed my point, and if you've missed my point you won't ever get it. If you're prepared for mediocre results from complaining about a game I've never even heard of, fine by me. It's no skin off my back.
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...