GODUS by 22cans and Peter Molyneux

Know about another game or simulation that's worth sharing or discussing? The gaming industry is at it's best when it's a great big incestual slurry of crosslinks and recommendations, so tell us about it here!
Ekoou1986

GODUS by 22cans and Peter Molyneux

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:34 am

I tried out this game and I tried to like it.
Immediately upon starting the game youre forced into a tutorial on how to play, which is utterly frustrating. If youve ever played black & white you'll know what I mean.
It makes you ask "what kind of god am I that I have to follow these DUMB instructions?" why make the tutorial a part of the story? It's mind boggling to wonder why Peter Molyneux and his retarded ideas are still around getting hopes up and ultimately frustrating player-bases. From populus to godus...I can only see regression into money-grubbing antics.
From spending money on gems to timed construction, everything about this game is stepping backwards from full-fledged games to small time mobile nightmares. Its true we dont get on mobile games to play for hours, but when I open up a game I want to do more than just fill up queues. Some mobile games are simply decent and fun to open up while youre killing time, theyd stand on their own feet on pc, like plague inc...others have things about them that make them playable, even though theyre mainly queue-based, like tiny towers vegas....but then there are games like godus.
When godus works, it leaves MUCH to be desired. When it doesn't work, you start questioning Peter Molyneuxs work ethic, job prospects, and sexuality. I fucking loathe this game is the mildest I can put it.

Riulus

Re: GODUS by 22cans and Peter Molyneux

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:45 am

Then why put it in the recommendations list? I mean, that's incredibly counter-productive...
If your goal was to watch this game sink, then you could have simply not mentioned it at all. I've never even heard of this game, so you can imagine that I would never buy it based on that situation alone. At the end of the day, you're drawing attention to a game, which is to GODUS's favor. Just so you know
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 am

Take a gander at the description. Its a discussions section. If youve neither played the game or have a recommendation for ME, then I dont see why YOURE here.

For your reference, this might read something like this:
'I've playef it before, but specifically, what are your problems with it? I really enjoyed it."
Or
"Well if you havent tried 'this' game then you should give it a go. I got what I wanted to get when I played godus while playing 'this' game."

Sort of like the recommendation I'd give to players disenchanted with spore for THIS game, ALRE.

In other words, fuck off. Edited insult out.
Last edited by Ekoou1986 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 am

Ekoou1986 wrote:Take a gander at the description. Its a discussions section. If youve neither played the game or have a recommendation for ME, then I dont see why YOURE here.

For your reference, this might read something like this:
'I've playef it before, but specifically, what are your problems with it? I really enjoyed it."
Or
"Well if you havent tried 'this' game then you should give it a go. I got what I wanted to get when I played godus while playing 'this' game."

Sort of like the recommendation I'd give to players disenchanted with spore for THIS game, ALRE.

In other words, since you have the brain of a fully matured salamander, fuck off.
That seems really uncalled for. He was just asking a perfectly valid question whilst failing to realize that you can also recommend avoiding games here. Seriously would you like it someone was to to take an atribute related to you (say hypothetically your typing) and say "you're typing is terrible, you must have the hands of an Abelisaur" would you like that?
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 am

For the record; my recommendation for this game, GODUS, is to stay very far away. You happy now? Edited yet another fallacious insult out.
Last edited by Ekoou1986 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:37 am

Ekoou1986 wrote:For the record; my recommendation for this game, GODUS, is to stay very far away. You happy now? Or do you still have your 2d-glasses on?
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just asking why you insulted him.(and me.)
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:41 am

Fine. I suppose I went overboard in that last sentence. And sorry that last reply was still at the same comment.

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:55 am

Anyway, has anyone even played this game? Can I get some on-topic support/suggestions here?

Do I need to learn how to link picture-memes first?
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.88 KiB) Viewed 4158 times

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:33 am

Ekoou1986 wrote:Take a gander at the description. Its a discussions section. If youve neither played the game or have a recommendation for ME, then I dont see why YOURE here.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you WANTED a recommendation in place of GODUS. Next time, make your intentions clear.
Also, learn how to use apostrophes. You look like a third grader.
Ekoou1986 wrote: For your reference, this might read something like this:
Or

Oooo, a full on description. Very intelligent, makes you look a gazillion percent smarter. Do you want an award or something? How about the "At Least I Tried To Make Someone Look Stupid On The Internet" award?
Ekoou1986 wrote: In other words, fuck off. Edited insult out.
And mature to boot too. Wow, you're the whole package! The ladies/gentlemen must be all over you. Do you hear that? I think I hear the sound of panties dropping all around the world.

But seriously, calm down. I understand that this is probably your first time on a forum in a very long time, but in all honesty the best weapon you have against companies as a consumer is to keep quiet about a product, and to give poor reviews when actually asked about it. Otherwise you just draw potential customers to the product you have nothing good to say about, which ensures that it survives in the long run. I'm giving advice, which by your same definition is a recommendation in of itself.

I will say this though: you make some awfully creative insults. At least more creative than what I could come up with off of the top of my head.
Last edited by Riulus on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 am

I know this isn't helpful but people are getting angrier over recommendations that ethics and religion, does anyone else find that odd?