Bendy and the Ink Machine

Know about another game or simulation that's worth sharing or discussing? The gaming industry is at it's best when it's a great big incestual slurry of crosslinks and recommendations, so tell us about it here!
Grockstar

Bendy and the Ink Machine

Post by Grockstar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 am

So, I don't know if this forum likes horror that much, but I thought this was worth posting. Ready to have your childhood cartoons ruined?

Bendy and the Ink Machine is a first-person, survival horror game with puzzle elements, based off the cartoons of the 1920's and 30's, early Disney, Steamboat Willy stuff. You, only identified as "Henry", used to work on traditional animation, using only ink and paper to create masterpieces. These shorts revolved around a cast of several characters, such as Boris the Wolf (a Goofy expy), but the main star of the show was the little devil himself, Bendy. You appear to have moved on from that chapter of your life, until 30 years later, you receive a note from your old boss, Joey Drew, inviting you back to the place where the magic happened.

But when you arrive, something seems amiss. Joey and your old co-workers are nowhere to be seen, the hallways empty and deserted. The workshop certainly has seen better days, but it's still recognizable. The desks are still littered with drawings, the omnipresent cardboard cutouts of Bendy stare at you with the same wide grin and empty eyes, and old projectors and movie reels liter the walls. Until, of course, you discover the Ink Machine.

The Ink Machine is new to you, and certainly wasn't here when you left the place, but maybe if you get it up and running, you can figure out what's going on. As you wander the workshop, collecting the items you need to repair the machine, something seems... off. You swear that cutout wasn't there a minute ago. Did that projector just turn on by itself? Is that ink dripping from the pipes? Is that actually Boris strapped down to that table, and why has he been dissected like a frog? Who's leaving the messages on the walls? Where are your coworkers? And what happens when you turn on the machine?

And that's just Chapter One...

This game is notable in that it is episodic, having five separate chapters. Chapter One, "Moving Pictures", was released last February, and Chapter Two, "The Old Song" was released last week, and Chapter Three is currently in development. Since then, the game has blown up on the internet, unleashing a swarm of fanart and fan songs upon YouTube, most notably Build Up Our Machine by DAGames, Bend You Til You Break by Tryhardninja, and Can't Be Erased by JT Machinima, you should really check them out. And if you don't want to buy the game but are still interested, there are dozens of Let's Plays for both chapters on YouTube, surely you'll like one.

Just remember that Bendy's watching...

"...and above all else, Fear The Machine and survive."
Last edited by Grockstar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Monika.

Now uses she/her pronouns. Please, call me Lily!

Official Moderator on the Species Discord, Queen of the Weebs!

20 characters!

Re: Bendy and the Ink Machine

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 am

Bendy seems like a swell old boy who wants to give everyone a very tight hugs.

I have to ask him again maintenance worker for that lighting though clearly some of those lightbulbs need to be changed, oh wait maybe that's your job :-) I don't now I'm very confused as to why Bendy both hate cults and keeps eagerly joining them…
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Grockstar

Post by Grockstar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 am

20 characters! wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 am

I have to ask him again maintenance worker for that lighting though clearly some of those lightbulbs need to be changed, oh wait maybe that's your job :-) I don't now I'm very confused as to why Bendy both hate cults and keeps eagerly joining them…
Very tight hugs. So tight that your head pops off! His inky embrace is too strong for mortal men.

Now if only I could draw​, I feel like that'd make a great comic...

And who knows, maybe Bendy's had bad experiences with cults before? I'd certainly like to be worshipped, but maybe he doesn't?

But yeah, Bendy seems like a chill guy. When he isn't trying to get revenge on his creator for abandoning him, that is.
Just Monika.

Grockstar

Post by Grockstar » Wed May 17, 2017 1:49 am

20 characters! wrote:

As you're the only person who's taken interest in this game so far, thought it would be worth mentioning that TheMeatly (the developer of Bendy) released a teaser trailer for chapter 3 the other day, so uh, here, I guess...

Just Monika.

Grockstar

Post by Grockstar » Tue May 30, 2017 12:13 am

20 characters! wrote:

And they did a Game Theory on him! YAY!
Just Monika.