(0.12.0.2) Flipper type limbs make swimming worse.

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Natural_20

(0.12.0.2) Flipper type limbs make swimming worse.

Post by Natural_20 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 pm

So I've got an aquatic creature that isn't evolving flippers, and I'm looking at the gene editor trying to change that. The thing is, changing the legs to any flippers/fins causes a huge drop in swim stamina and no improvement in swim speed. Changing the limb's dimensions doesn't help at all, and the same applies to any other creature I check. I suspect the swimming limb stats are broken. Aquatic life in general is fairing poorly, with lots of uneaten food and small populations.

*Edit* While every type of leg doesn't seem to have an advantage over flippers in every creature, there are some legs that seem to grant quite a lot of swim stamina. I suspect the new balance calculations are being applied to swim stamina in an unintended way.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

Quasar
Site Admin

Re: (0.12.0.2) Flipper type limbs make swimming worse.

Post by Quasar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 am

I see it. Flippers aren't getting stat-ified unless their skeleton touches the ground. This was fixed in 0.11.2.5, so it must have returned at some point in 0.12.

Fixed in dev.