Temperature Weirdness

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Natural_20

Temperature Weirdness

Post by Natural_20 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 pm

-I've got temperature variation set to flat and temperature set to 21C. The temperature is stable at 11C.

-Temperature can sometimes get stuck at a specific value. Changing it causes the environment to respond, but not the creatures or thermometer. This can result in such odd behavior as creatures complaining of being hot and the temperature reading 40C while the map is a frozen wasteland. Restarting the game causes the creatures and thermometer to begin working again.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

magmacube_tr
Location: Now on the depths of the once-volcanic Hasan Mountain

Re: Temperature Weirdness

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Natural_20 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 pm
-I've got temperature variation set to flat and temperature set to 21C. The temperature is stable at 11C.

-Temperature can sometimes get stuck at a specific value. Changing it causes the environment to respond, but not the creatures or thermometer. This can result in such odd behavior as creatures complaining of being hot and the temperature reading 40C while the map is a frozen wasteland. Restarting the game causes the creatures and thermometer to begin working again.
This happens to me too. Especially on the heights type maps.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.