Rover Issues

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Natural_20

Rover Issues

Post by Natural_20 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 pm

-Rover settings not saving properly:
1. Make two rovers set to "feed population when total creature count is less than #".
2. Save, quit the game, then start it up and load the file again.
3. Check your rovers and you'll find that the "less than" setting on the second one has been changed to "greater than".

This appears to be caused by the second rover's "less than/greater than" setting being reset to the default for the second rover spot, which is normally "kill population when creature count is greater than #". Curiously though, it doesn't reset the rover's other variables.

-The statistic list for killing/feeding based on a statistic is entirely broken: it closes instantly when I open it.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

AgeW

Re: Rover Issues

Post by AgeW » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm having the same issues, just that the statistics list closes instantly almost every time I click on it, but sometimes it stays open. I can only select things from the leftmost column however:
So I can select "size", "primaryColour_Hue", "primaryColour_Lum" etc., but nothing to the right of those.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 am

Natural_20 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 pm
-The statistic list for killing/feeding based on a statistic is entirely broken: it closes instantly when I open it.
AgeW wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 pm
I'm having the same issues, just that the statistics list closes instantly almost every time I click on it, but sometimes it stays open.
Fixed in dev.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:42 pm

AgeW wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 pm
I can only select things from the leftmost column however
Recently noticed it was also true for the... whatsitcalled... option for colouring creatures by criteria. Was it fixed in the same swoop?
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.