Known Bugs

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Quasar
Site Admin

Known Bugs

Post by Quasar » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:19 am

This list is a work in progress.

Black is known/reported, but not fixed yet (usually because it occurs for unknown reasons, or in unknown situations).
Blue is fixed, but not yet released.
Green is fixed and released.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
- Happens when .Net framework 3.5 is not installed.
- To fix, install the redistribute here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download ... aspx?id=21

Could not find file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Profile.txt'.
Could not find file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_Species 0.6.0 (Alpha).zip\Species ALRE 0.6.0\Profile.txt'.
Error loading "UI\Fonts\Arial9p". File not found.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\system32\Content\Libraries\syllableDictionary1.txt'. (RandomNameGenerator.cs:line 47)
- These all seems to be related to installing to certain paths. I generally recommend installing and running the game directly to/from C:\Species ALRE\.
- If that fails, try re-downloading the game.

Input string was not in a correct format. (UIManager.cs:línea 10537)
Input string was not in a correct format. (Game1.cs:line 2362)
- usually triggered by language/regional settings that use a comma instead of a decimal place.
- until this is fixed, you can prevent it by temporarily changing your regional settings to english.

The character 'é' (0x00e9) is not available in this SpriteFont. (UIManager.cs:ligne 11623)
The character 'č' (0x00e9) is not available in this SpriteFont. (UIManager.cs:line 11623)
- also triggered by language/regional settings.
- until this is fixed, you can prevent it by temporarily changing your regional settings to english.

- Snowball Incidents viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125
- Caused by temperature map not being saved when GPU is lost. Fixed hotfix 2.

- New World Screen lagging/flickering viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126
- Caused by rapidly generating the fertility, temperature and heightmaps.
- Stopgap fix implemented (see link for how to use it), hotfix 2.
- Fixed hotfix 3.

Exception: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. (UIManager.cs:line 7663) "Happens after some time on New World Screen"
- Memory leak: related to how we were rapidly generating the fertility, temperature and heightmaps.
- Fixed hotfix 3.

- Temperature/Fertility/Water-Level change buttons: tooltip text starts out wrong.
- Typo. Fixed hotfix 2.

- Exception: Null Reference. (Creature.cs: Line 6635) "Happened when I tried to sort the organisms by Species."
- Appears to be related to some "creatures" (display sprites, fossils and species averages) not being assigned a Species. I've added a rule to the code that disallows Creature objects from having a null Species.
- Bad news: One of the necessary changes to fix this was in the SaveLoad routine. This means Hotfix 3 is going to break backwards compatibility with old saves. Sorry about that, guys. :|
- Fixed hotfix 3.

- Exception: Attempt to read or write protected memory. (Game1.cs: Line 4853) "Happened when I tried to load a world."
- Unknown cause. To be investigated.

- Exception: A previous Draw call threw an unhandled exception. () "Happened when I tried to move the window (window mode)"
- Unknown cause. To be investigated.

- Exception: Null Reference. () "Occurs a few minutes after starting a world with random creatures."
- Clade diagram is having trouble handling 250 unique species. Fixed hotfix 2.
- In addition, the Clade diagram now also does a self-cleanup, removing extinct species for the first 10 simulation-minutes of a world initialised with Random creatures.

Exception: Texture width or height is larger than the device supports. "Occurs during startup"
- Caused by accidental inclusion of an unsized skybox file (skybosx.xnb). Fixed hotfix 2.

Exception: Input string was not in a correct format (Rover.cs:line 1018) "Happened on the Rover screen while hovering over statistics from the dropdown menu." (Creature.cs:line 6648)
- Under investigation.

Clade Diagram: During a speciation clade legs sometimes shoot off to the left or right for no apparent reason.
- Under Investigation.

Index was out of range. (UIManager.cs:line 6763)
Index was out of range. (Game1.cs:line 3390, Game1.cs:line 3423) “Happened when i deleted the rover i was driving”

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown (VegetationGrid.cs:line 1383, VegetationGrid.cs:line 1132)

Song playback failed. (Game1.cs:line 2584)

Error loading "UI\Fonts\Arial9p". File not found. LoadContent()
- Unsure of cause. Installation location, maybe?

Index was outside the bounds of the array. GetFertilityTemperatureAtLocation()
VegetationGrid.cs:line 754, Game1.cs:line 2732

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Game1.Limb.SetTypeModel() Creature.cs:line 2433

Texture width or height is larger than the device supports. "Happens on startup"
- Game1.cs:line 1689
- Probably that the Graphics Card is not compatible. Research further...

mw3modderman

Re: Known Bugs

Post by mw3modderman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:56 am

On my friends computer it does not crash as often, mine consistently crashes every 15 mins (the game), how could I fix this any suggestions?

20 characters!

Re: Known Bugs

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:40 am

[quote="Quasar"]
- Snowball Incidents viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125
- Caused by temperature map not being saved when GPU is lost. Fixed hotfix 2.

definitely DEFIANTLY Not fixed.....
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage