1.3.6 Experimental Bugs

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Natural_20

1.3.6 Experimental Bugs

Post by Natural_20 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Note: I am on Windows 10, with an Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU.

Terrain:
Terrain that was above water before being lowered via the map editor is always considered above water for plant life. I think I fixed this by eroding it again?

Terrain sometimes just doesn't respect its above/below water status in general, producing reefs on land or forests underwater. This is actually a very old bug, but it's still around.

The terrain editor image can be misleading, showing terrain as below water before loading even though it isn't in play.

The new bloom:
The new season bloom makes the screen extremely dark during the dry season, almost blacked out.

Starting screen
Using creatures from the exported folder doesn't allow you to set the number of creatures.

White text flashing across the screen in huge font
There are odd flashes of white coming from the creatures. At least some of it is huge, blurry white text. I suspect this is the little "shout" text they use going horribly wrong somehow. They're being turned into mountain-sized flashes of white.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

magmacube_tr
Location: Now on the depths of the once-volcanic Hasan Mountain

Re: 1.3.6 Experimental Bugs

Post by magmacube_tr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm

The game freezes up for no reason. The save doesn't gets corrupted. And no crash report pops up. It simply freezes after a few minutes of gameplay.

Sea ice is trying to burn my eyes.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.

magmacube_tr
Location: Now on the depths of the once-volcanic Hasan Mountain

Re: 1.3.6 Experimental Bugs

Post by magmacube_tr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:39 pm

I can't set the first digit of 'creature capacity' anything other than 5.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.