Ethics, Morality and the Value of Human Life

Disagree with the premise of the game? Tell us why we're wrong, and bring the evidence to prove it!
20 characters!

Re: Ethics, Morality and the Value of Human Life

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:13 am

Anyway, I want to mention that this is the longest thread in this sub-forum , so we can celebrate.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:20 am

yay
- Your local Red Panda with way too much power
Yasahiro wrote:Then improve the amphibity.... It's a word now, I made it.
Join my new classic competition game!

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:23 am

Riulus wrote: two things:
1.) And as for the people who regularly walk to church? I would say they are doing themselves a service, considering that is one mile's worth of exercise a week at the least, by your estimates.
I, and many people, do not consider ANY type of commuting to be a MORAL act. Which, by the way, was my REAL point.
Riulus wrote: 2.) I'd like to see you walk to church when its negative 20 degrees outside. Or even better, when the windchill brings that down to a whopping negative 50 degrees, like it does here in the frigid Northern Midwest. I wish you a lot more than just luck in avoiding frostbite with those odds. Your so called morality means jack-diddly-squat if you're dead/dying.
I don't even know what to say to this.
Riulus wrote: besides, CO2 is good for plants, they eat that shit right out of the air. If you want someone to blame for Global Warming, blame the people who are cutting down the rainforests and other mega forests of the world. Not your average American taxi driver.
I never blamed you evangelicals for global warming. I never mentioned drive-in churches or any of the other horrendous insults BY christians to the foundations of THEIR faith.
Jesus threw the markets out of the temples and then you christians started buying and selling crosses out of it while his body was still cold. I could TRULY attack christianity at its HEART, but I'd rather probe these other aspects and save the killing blow, if you will, from christ hisself, later. Let's talk about all of the other pedophile/genocide/economic and social and mental terrorism for now.
Riulus wrote: And to answer your first question: yes, the internet is a poor place for logic.

At any rate, I love how most people think that Christians are the pinnacle of morality and try to disprove that idea. I got news for you: we regularly admit that we are not even close to that pinnacle. We have our faith because we know we aren't good people. Thank you, have a nice day.
P.S: we can leave my faith out of the conversation now, all in favor can either remain silent towards this comment or they can simply say whatever approving phrase they wish to use.
Where. To. Be. Gin.
Pinnacle of morality? Who the hell called christians THAT? It wasn't atheists, or even deists, who saw shinning citys on any hills. Its YOU CHRISTIANS who claim higher morality, even shinning morality, compared to the godless world who doesn't perfectly profess imperfection. Its not atheists imagining paradise with god and other "believers" and hell for the rest.
You could have left this argument where it was but you decided to take up the torch and wave it about like a madman. Being an American, I might just respect your wishes that I refrain from exercizing my "god-given" right to free speech (as long as you dont talk badly about god) , but, more likely, I'll draw a cartoon about it because it's so ironic.
Morality isn't given by god or gods or deities. We define it every day.

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:24 am

*Grabs a popcorn*

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:42 am

Ekoou1986 wrote:
1.) And as for the people who regularly walk to church? I would say they are doing themselves a service, considering that is one mile's worth of exercise a week at the least, by your estimates.
I, and many people, do not consider ANY type of commuting to be a MORAL act. Which, by the way, was my REAL point.
I'm just gonna quote this small thing so you know I'm talking to you.
Oh look, a letter for you. Let's see what it says...

Dear Internet Troll,
Thank you for your time and consideration for trying to make me angry down to my deepest core, but you're just simply not worth my time. It was a nice attempt, but drama is the one thing I don't need in my life. 'Specially not now.

Sincerely,
The-Guy-Who-Saw-Through-You-Like-Glass.
P.S: next time, be a little more subtle about your attempts to troll. I get you're new, but I've been at this longer.
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:45 am

*Finds out the popcorn is burnt*

Get it? Ge- Oh nevermind.
Last edited by Ewery1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 am

Ewery1 wrote:*Finds out the popcorn is burned*

Get it? Ge- Oh nevermind.
*slow claps*

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:57 am

Fashion is a good example, always changing, that our morals are ever changing; defined by everyone in different places and at different times for varying reasons.
To play another "thought-experiment", lets say that, for some people, it is immoral to eat a certain food on a certain day, or immoral NOT to eat a certain food on a certain day.
What could we say about general morality while people who hold these types of beliefs are everywhere?
Is it relative?
Is it absolute?
This is the typical line of debate between a theist and an atheist.

Ekoou1986

Post by Ekoou1986 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 am

Riulus wrote:
Ekoou1986 wrote:
I'm just gonna quote this small thing so you know I'm talking to you.
Oh look, a letter for you. Let's see what it says...

Dear Internet Troll,
Thank you for your time and consideration for trying to make me angry down to my deepest core, but you're just simply not worth my time. It was a nice attempt, but drama is the one thing I don't need in my life. 'Specially not now.

Sincerely,
The-Guy-Who-Saw-Through-You-Like-Glass.
P.S: next time, be a little more subtle about your attempts to troll. I get you're new, but I've been at this longer.
That's right. Slowly back away. Understand that this is bigger than you can emotionally, much less mentally, comprehend.

p.s.
If I'm the troll then why are you following me around?
Last edited by Ekoou1986 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:01 am

Ekoou1986 wrote: That's right. Slowly back away. Understand that this is bigger than you can emotionally, much less mentally, comprehend.
As humble as you are clever I see.