Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Disagree with the premise of the game? Tell us why we're wrong, and bring the evidence to prove it!
MaximumJames

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Post by MaximumJames » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:26 am

A Father can be an emotional relationship with someone who raises you and cares for you or it can the person who biologically helped create you or both. So you can have one father, two fathers, 10 fathers, or 0 fathers no matter how you were conceived depending on how you define what makes someone a father.

You may feel comfortable with the Father you were told about or you may hate/fear that guy and it does not matter whether he is your biological father or not. Your Mom might tell you someone is your father for the sake of her own financial security rather than your own spiritual fulfillment or vice versa and god won't say anything about it. So someone who goes searching for his real Dad may have different reasons for it and it totally has everything to do with not knowing every moment of every minute because if you did you would have no reason to search for anything because you would already know each outcome and then you would not even be a human anymore based on how we live.

Something you don't remember (like say a cat biting you when you were a baby) could affect your behavior when you are older (I don't know why, but I can't stand cats). Something that happened before you were born may affect your life as well (your Mom lost her job after getting pregnant and had to move to a new location). But as to whether it leads to happiness or not depends on how you interpret the event.

Whether you know they happened or not they are specific things that occurred and if you know more about them you know more about why you are the way you are and you can make more informed accurate decisions or change your life in some way and have a more personal relationship with the world, and this may not lead to happiness, but it might depending (like maybe giving cats a second chance or keeping them away from your baby?)

We all assume each noun means something specific but really they can mean different things in different situations to different people. Even a "chair' could be debated about as whether it needs legs, a back, or even a seat if you want to and may invoke different feelings depending on whether it is a comfy chair at home or a dentist's chair so that they are almost two very different things in how they affect you.

So you can't even define what happiness is or what delivers it because no two humans will define happiness the exact same way and no two humans can be made happy the exact same way. If you could then happiness would be very easy to achieve once you figured out how, but the world would be otherwise bland and boring. Certainly not a happy place for me as I am now.

So, in other words, I don't think one solution or philosophy works for every person in every situation, but the human mind makes it seem like that would be the case because we fool ourselves into thinking we have something perfectly defined once we are aware of it, but we often subconsciously change the definition to suit our current emotional state. Then their are the varying emotional triggers and behavioral differences between various individuals.

My philosophy is to keep learning and learning and learning until you're dead but never assume you actually know anything correctly until that knowledge has saved your ass a couple of times. Then the next guy can keep on going. As an alternative i could always rip my heart out of my chest and feel it turn cold.

PS I said the chant and for some reason it did not work for me. I think it is because I don't know what I am saying and also because I have no emotional connection to it. Maybe after the next time I eat Steak I should go "Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!" three times (I don't know many chants).