Unkillable species(more like clade)

Want to share the creatures you've discovered/engineered? This is the place for screenshots and exported genomes!
Alienbird

Re: Unkillable species(more like clade)

Post by Alienbird » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:18 am

If I knew what I was doing I would put a "Big Boots" up for downloading. This is the creature from the Feet Firmly IN the Ground chat. I did export one, just in case. However, I have not a clue what I am doing. I am a Biologist not a Computer Programmer. I am not even sure how to import anything on my own game.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:43 am

I think your creature or the game might be bugged. I place the creature in the creature folder, I have made previous saves of creatures and they seem to match up with the files you gave me. the game launched and upon starting a new world it gave me the error bellow, I did this twice and got the same error each time. I deleted the files from the game and everything is working fine now.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.ImportCreature(StreamReader reader) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\SaveLoad.cs:line 338
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.NewWorld_Update() in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 7584
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 6512
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 532
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 18

Species, Version=0.7.0.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\Users\Josh\games\Species 0.7.0 (Alpha)\Species ALRE 0.7.0
CultureInfo: English (United States) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: NewWorld | SelectionMode: Creature
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

AngerDomeAble wrote:I think your creature or the game might be bugged. I place the creature in the creature folder, I have made previous saves of creatures and they seem to match up with the files you gave me. the game launched and upon starting a new world it gave me the error bellow, I did this twice and got the same error each time. I deleted the files from the game and everything is working fine now.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.ImportCreature(StreamReader reader) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\SaveLoad.cs:line 338
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.NewWorld_Update() in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 7584
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 6512
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 532
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 18

Species, Version=0.7.0.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\Users\Josh\games\Species 0.7.0 (Alpha)\Species ALRE 0.7.0
CultureInfo: English (United States) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: NewWorld | SelectionMode: Creature
if you had read the entirety of the first page you would have realized that, because I had the same problem...
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:40 am

You were asking if the link worked I was just confirming it didn't.
Don't believe his lies.

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:19 pm

AngerDomeAble wrote:You were asking if the link worked I was just confirming it didn't.
So apparently your name is "Josh"...
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:31 pm

I entered a random name in place of my normal username.
Don't believe his lies.

Riulus

Post by Riulus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:03 pm

AngerDomeAble wrote:I entered a random name in place of my normal username.
I'm still going to refer to you as Josh from now on
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:05 am

Riulus wrote:
AngerDomeAble wrote:I entered a random name in place of my normal username.
I'm still going to refer to you as Josh from now on
#joshnotthehawk
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:25 am

Okay, everyone get off by thread this is getting really really off-topic!
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 am

Say the one who has revived year old threads.
Don't believe his lies.