0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Announcements and infodumps from the Species dev team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Quasar
Site Admin
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 am

0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by Quasar » Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Hotfix Only: http://www.speciesgame.com/Downloads/Re ... x%201).zip
Full Download: http://www.speciesgame.com/Downloads/Re ... Alpha).zip

Changelog:
Added Berserk Behavior
Fixed Anger >> Drive Off Target behavior loop
Fixed compressive stress energy loss being doubly-exponential, which was causing sticklegs
Fixed Middle Limb Droop no longer influenced by Torso Width
Fixed creatures hunting newborns on other side of map
Fixed extinct species clade not being revived when species is
Changed creature sprite to show legs in neutral position
Changed Water Height Display to round to 2 decimal places instead of 1
To install the hotfix:

- download the zip file
- extract the files with winzip or similar
- copy them into your species folder, overwriting the existing files
- play
Last edited by Quasar on Wed May 06, 2015 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
20 characters!
Posts: 19203
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:08 am
Location: North America, the best and worst bit of it.
Contact:

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by 20 characters! » Tue May 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Why change the creatures sprite?
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Quasar
Site Admin
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 am

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by Quasar » Wed May 06, 2015 8:34 am

Okay, let's try this again! Download links above once again functional and not-game-breaking-probably.

Stankiem
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 am

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by Stankiem » Thu May 07, 2015 3:50 pm

We won't need to delete our saved games for this hotfix will we?

Natural_20
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 am

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by Natural_20 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Stankiem wrote:We won't need to delete our saved games for this hotfix will we?
You shouldn't, although you may have some species die out due to the droop change.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

smjjames
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by smjjames » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 pm

How do I be sure that I'm using the hotfix? I downloaded 0.8.0 from the main download page

User avatar
TentacledTunicate
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:24 am
Location: Typing from a waterplanet, far far away, inhabited by intelligent, tentacled tunicates.

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by TentacledTunicate » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:09 am

The page that the Hotfix is supposed to be on is now unavailable... (sigh)
That is a blue bell tunicate in my profile image...

I support creating a Creature Forwards/Backwards Compatibility Mod (CFBCM) and New Crash-Resistant Creature Editor (NCRC)! Read: http://www.speciesgame.com/forum/viewto ... =25&t=2013

Natural_20
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 am

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by Natural_20 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:10 pm

TentacledTunicate wrote:The page that the Hotfix is supposed to be on is now unavailable... (sigh)
That's because this is a year old :P .
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

User avatar
TentacledTunicate
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:24 am
Location: Typing from a waterplanet, far far away, inhabited by intelligent, tentacled tunicates.

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by TentacledTunicate » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Natural_20 wrote:
TentacledTunicate wrote:The page that the Hotfix is supposed to be on is now unavailable... (sigh)
That's because this is a year old :P .
I still need to have the hotfix! In some cases, Species ALRE 0.8.0 works better than Species 0.9.0 Alpha.
That is a blue bell tunicate in my profile image...

I support creating a Creature Forwards/Backwards Compatibility Mod (CFBCM) and New Crash-Resistant Creature Editor (NCRC)! Read: http://www.speciesgame.com/forum/viewto ... =25&t=2013

User avatar
20 characters!
Posts: 19203
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:08 am
Location: North America, the best and worst bit of it.
Contact:

Re: 0.8.0 Hotfix 1

Post by 20 characters! » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:04 am

TentacledTunicate wrote:
Natural_20 wrote:
TentacledTunicate wrote:The page that the Hotfix is supposed to be on is now unavailable... (sigh)
That's because this is a year old :P .
I still need to have the hotfix! In some cases, Species ALRE 0.8.0 works better than Species 0.9.0 Alpha.
Yeah you should email quasar about it.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests